Welcome to our first-ever, major funding campaign!
Help us celebrate 20 years of helping an entire generation of young people to discover talents and pursue inspiring futures, serving over 3,000 individuals and families.
Our campaign goals from October through December:
- To receive donations of $25 or more from 200 alumni, parents and other stakeholders to demonstrate how much our impact is valued.
- Obtain $80,000 in commitments for 2024, from sustaining donors, to launch our plan for the next 20 years.
Financial donations are just one form of support.
- Help connect us to others who understand and value our mission and vision.
- Volunteer your time
- Advocate for our work at your employer, for internships and sponsorships
- Promote our mission and programs within your personal and professional networks
We are here to help your kids discover their talents and start applying STEM principles and problem solving in everyday life. This is your chance to help us raise another generation of independent thinkers. DONATE TODAY to help us maintain our classes, provide necessary training to our young mentors, and ensure access to all. Together we help keep this community educated and help our children build a better future for everyone.
Grades 7-12 or by permission. Summer camps, 1 to 2 hour, multi-day classes, and 1-day workshops. Inquire about online options.
This topic provides a good introduction to Unity and its use for game development and the application of the programming language C# to a specific project. New students will learn fundamentals of the software platform tools and libraries and each build their own level of one group game. Experienced students will work on their own complete game. Students will download the Unity development software to take part in this class.
This class will not teach coding fundamentals (see “Requirements” below).
The benefit of Unity: Unity is a development platform for creating graphics and animation in 2D, 3D, Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). It has very wide use in industry for creating video games, films and animation for many applications. Because working in Unity involves the use of code libraries written in the language C#, it also provides a great learning path to higher levels of coding in general. Unity has a very large user base and is well supported with tutorials and forums that provide great sources of information and help.
- A personal interest in game design and learning about an industrial-strength game development platform.
- The class is focused on learning to use the software platform Unity and applying C# to the subject of game development. The class does not have time to teach coding fundamentals. Therefore a high comfort level with at least one programming language is necessary to be allowed to join the class. C# is ideal, Java and any other C-based language are the next most relevant languages. Strong ability in Python or Java Script is also acceptable.
Optional but highly recommended:
- Installation of the free Unity development software on a laptop or desktop computer from your home. Our staff can help with installation during the classes.
- Creation of a personal Unity account to allow projects and learning to continue at home. The accounts are free and we will provide guidance on the account setup.
- Creation of a GitHub account to allow collaboration with other students and our instructors, and access to code from many other designers. The accounts are free and we will provide guidance on the account setup.