Scratch Week May 15-21, 2022
Celebrate the 15th anniversary of Scratch this week, May 15-21
Scratch is a programming tool created by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to help young people learn coding. Scratch is perfect for creating video games and all kinds of simulations.
Robotics And Beyond has curated a list of resources for Scratch beginners or those seeking more challenging options.
- Join Scratch Live on May 19 from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EDT or May 20 from 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM EDT. It’s free but registration required.
- Visit MIT’S Scratch Week website
- Download the app, ScratchJr, for ages 5-7
- Hour of Code
- Check out these awesome games made by one of our Scratch mentor, Nicholas:
- And more cool Scratch projects from another mentor, Eli:
- Last but not least, enjoy these projects by longtime Robotics And Beyond Scratch mentor, Alex:
This first one is a very simple project and is basically one of those “clicker games”: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24454436/
An impressive 2d platformer based off of the game Portal. It’s a neat little puzzle game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/43690666/
This is a really cool example of how the pen tool works and shows how 3D can be used in scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/114468383/