GRAPHIC DESIGN & ANIMATION W/ PROCREATE | Grades 7-12 | August 8-12 | Cost $250
Offered the week of August 8 – 12 from 9:30 am – 12 pm for students entering grades 7 – 12, or by permission
This topic provides a great introduction to important concepts and skills in illustration, graphic design, concept art or 2D animation, using ProCreate (https://procreate.art). Procreate is a professional-level software package used widely in industry for films, video and advertising and used in many of the top animation college programs. Students with some experience will increase their skill levels with the software. Students will download ProCreate to work on individual projects and continue using the app at home during and after the camp. Student projects will be shared among the students in the class and stored as a video on our YouTube channel.
• An interest in graphic art and creating your own, original art and animations.
• Some experience is helpful but not required, with graphic design and animation such as Photoshop, Fire Alpaca, Krita or any other 2D design software.
• Installation of ProCreate on the student’s iPad is required PRIOR to the camp. The app is safe to download and use. Instructions and guidance will be provided for downloading and installing the app if needed. ProCreate in the App Store is $9.99 for a permanent license. Procreate must be used on an iPad with a stylus, and preferably an Apple Pencil.
iPad and Apple Pencil compatibilities:
• 2nd Generation Apple Pencil
• iPad mini (6th generation)
• iPad Air (4th generation and later)
• iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)
• iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
• 1st Generation Apple Pencil
• iPad mini (5th generation)
• iPad (6th generation and later)
• iPad Air (3rd generation)
• iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st and 2nd generation)
• iPad Pro 10.5-inch
• iPad Pro 9.7-inch
Stylus for iPads may also be used
About the instructor:
Phair Haldin is a 2022 Computer Animation graduate from Ringling college of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida. Her artwork mainly features characters, and is inspired by 20th century history. Phair taught Procreate during our 2020 online summer camp and also teaches on a 1-to-1, individual basis. More of her work can be seen at on her website: https://thatsnotphair.squarespace.com.