Let Robotics And Beyond host your next birthday party!
You can choose from the following topics: LEGO Freestyle Building Party, Robot Wars, Minecraft, or Introduction to Programming and Video Game Creation!
We are flexible as to dates/times and will work with you to accommodate your schedule. We generally have the parties between 10am and 4pm on Saturdays but we may be able to hold them on Sundays, Friday evenings or school vacation days as well.
Once the date, time, topic and decision on any food is settled, you will receive an email confirmation and total cost. Payment can be made ahead or at the party. We will need to know number of guests, any serious allergies of guests, name and favorite color of the birthday child.
LEGO FREESTYLE BUILDING PARTY
For ages 6-10. Have friendly competitions for freestyle building challenges. Guests are given challenges and work alone or in pairs to build designs that solve the challenge using our many 1000’s of parts. Guests then present their projects and explain their ideas. Challenges can include:
- vehicles competing for rolling distance, speed and accuracy down a ramp
- crazy projects of any purpose using motorized, but non-robotic, parts
- create the tallest tower
- create likenesses of plants or animals or everyday items
- learn to use the great (and free!) LEGO Digital Designer software which lets you build with any part you want on your computer. Guests can even create building instructions for their own ideas and watch their creations explode on the computer screen. Robotics And Beyond computers are available for use at no charge but guests may bring their own laptops to load the LEGO software to use at home if desired.
Total cost for a LEGO Freestyle Building party is $200 for 2 hours and up to 10 children.
ROBOT WARS PARTY
For ages 8-14. Working in pairs, guests start with pre-built, pre-programmed robot vehicles and then customize them with fun freestyle LEGO parts with looks and strategy in mind. Guests then learn how to program the robots for their personal strategies in the battle ring. Battles are one-on-one for many rounds and end with several all-robots-at-once final battles.
Cost for a Robot Wars party is $225 for 2 hours and up to 10 children.
For ages 7-15. Guests play on our own dedicated server using games we have designed. The Minecraft game entry space is customized with the name of the birthday host.
Please note that we generally have 6-8 computers available that can run Minecraft, so some party guests may need to bring their own laptops with Minecraft installed. We also have 5 Minecraft accounts available at no extra cost if needed by some guests.
Cost for a Minecraft party is $225 for 2 hours and up to 12 children.
INTRODUCTION TO PROGRAMMING AND VIDEO GAME CREATION
For ages 7 to 14. Guests will have a solid introduction to programming in Scratch and learn how it can be used to create games and animations. Scratch was developed by MIT, is free, is an excellent way to learn fundamentals of programming and does not require any downloads to your computer to use at home. Scratch is appropriate for children as young as 7 or 8 and up to 15 or 16, and does not require keyboard skills. Guests will use Robotics And Beyond computers but may bring their own laptops. Guests are encouraged to provide an email address for creation of an account for their Scratch programming projects to use later from any computer or device with internet access.
Cost is $225 for 2 hours and up to 8 children.
We can allow parents to bring snacks, drinks and cake for the end of the party but this involves an added $50 cost due to the extra staff time required.
We have also partnered with All Aboard Pizzeria (across the street) to offer parties that provide the following.
- 2 slices of pizza, soda, and a small ice cream with a choice of one topping for each child at All Aboard Pizzeria on Railroad St. You may also bring a cake to All Aboard and the staff will be happy to serve it.
- The cost for the pizza portion (if you include it) is $110 for 10 guests at All Aboard (including tip) or $12 per guest including tip if the number is less than 10. Payment for both the party and All Aboard is made to Robotics And Beyond and we pay All Aboard. You only need to pay All Aboard if you have additional family and friends joining you at the restaurant.
Let us know what time you decide on and whether you’d prefer to go to All Aboard before or after the Robotics And Beyond party. We will confirm your choice of time with the restaurant, as well. For example, you can be at All Aboard at noon and then come to Robotics And Beyond right after, or have the party first and then the pizza.
Great Battlebots Party! We had a BattleBots birthday party for our son’s 10th. There were 9 boys, with an age range from 6 to 12. Every one of them got into it–some as part of the planned activity, some just building with the Legos that are used to add on to the Mindstorms-based robots. First the teams added on to the basic robots, then they tested them, adjusting parts and that didn’t work and learning how to change the basic programming. After some one-on-one battles, everyone put their battlebots into the arena and had a couple of big battles. Everyone was having such a good time we ended up extending the party by about 1/2 hour. This was a great party!
We would like to thank you for a fantastic time! Everyone tells me how much the kids enjoyed themselves. We will definitely spread the word about how helpful, creative and patient you are with the kids! There are a few of us who are already planning on summer camps with you next summer.
~ Parents of a 10 yr. old boy, after a birthday party with 6 boys and 4 girls